The policy to sell land for development in this scenic corridor is short sighted and promotes a policy of unsustainability.
According to a study from the Outdoor Industry Association, nature-based tourism has a large national economic footprint (please note that the numbers below reflect national totals): For more statistics and studies, click here.
• Contributes $730 billion annually to the U.S. economy
• Supports nearly 6.5 million jobs across the U.S.
• Generates $88 billion in annual state and national tax revenue
• Provides sustainable growth in rural communities
• Generates $289 billion annually in retail sales and services across the U.S.
• Touches over 8 percent of America’s personal consumption expenditures—
more than 1 in every 12 dollars circulating in the economy