Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Joyce Wilson to Stay with El Paso!

My first post back after a long campaign is a good one: Mayor-elect Leeser has announced that City Manager, Joyce Wilson, will stay until she retires in September 2014.  Here's the press release:

Mayor-Elect announces City Manager to stay with the City, declines Florida job offer
  

El Paso, Texas – Earlier today City Manager Wilson advised City officials that she contacted the Lee County Chairman earlier this morning to let him know that she was ceasing negotiations and declining the job offer.  

Over the past two days as Mayor elect, I have met with Ms. Wilson for several hours and have asked her to stay on board to assist with the transition of the new council. I felt it was only appropriate to have the City Manager see the City’s critical projects through to a successful conclusion.

I want the public to know that I am staying true to my word that I was not going to rush through things; which is why I feel it is best for City Manager to stay through the end of her contract.

Ms. Wilson has committed to work collaboratively to allow for a smooth transition for her replacement.   Her decision to stay will allow the incoming Council and I to do a proper national and local search for our next City Manager.

Oscar Leeser
Mayor-Elect
City of El Paso



No comments:

Post a Comment