Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Impossible Dream?

The Rio Grande in Northern New Mexico, Photo album by Rick LoBello


I have this view of the Rio Grande in northern New Mexico on my website at iloveparks.com.  Every time I look at it I ask myself this question. Why can't we bring back the Rio Grande to look something like this around El Paso? Are we not smart enough to do it or do we lack the will? I think it is about will. We have to want it.

I will never forget July 21, 1969 when Americans Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first to step onto the lunar surface. Heck if we can put a man on the moon don't you think we can restore part of the Rio Grande back to its original state?

I think it is possible, but only if the community, especially the millennials out there who have the most at stake, will get involved in supporting efforts helping to protect their environment.

I am disheartened by the number of people who are more connected to their cars and their fun activities inside buildings, who have no idea of how important our natural environment is to their quality of life now and in the future.

Join me in reaching out to younger generations. They need to know how to invest in their quality of life and their future.

On my website I have listed a number of things that people can do to get involved here in El Paso. If you have other items you want me to add let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment