Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Bonart Endorses Svarzbein

[Below is a message from Dr. Rick Bonart endorsing Peter Svarzbein for City Council Representative District 1.]

After coming in third in the race for City Representative District 1, I was approached by the two front runners for my endorsement. I met in person with both Al Weisenberger and Peter Svarzbein to discuss their platforms so I could decide whom--if either--I would back.

Both men were courteous, intelligent, and knowledgeable about the City in general and District 1. To be perfectly honest, neither candidate has relevant government experience. However, Peter has two things in his favor which have influenced my decision to back him. 

Peter actually has a platform of ideas and goals which he could articulate. They are aligned with my own, including environmental concerns and opportunities. I was unable to determine what Al’s platform is or what his goals are.

Peter has demonstrated a tireless work ethic, which I believe he will bring to the job.  Peter is ready to work full time as a City Representative from day one.  Al said he will need 3 to 6 months to close his legal practice if elected. I think that being available on a full-time basis during the steep learning curve encountered by first-term office holders is a distinct advantage.

For these reasons and others I’m endorsing Peter Svarzbein in the run-off for District 1.  


Rick Bonart DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment